Thursday, January 19, 2006

SP7 Questionnaire

Sorry for the delay in posting, Secret Pal!

1. Are you a yarn snob?
I do avoid acrylic yarn like Red Heart, but am otherwise open to trying new things.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I don't spin, and haven't crocheted since I was a little girl (when I made a poncho for my Dawn doll), but am wanting to start crocheting again (and have lots of crochet hooks!).
3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Several vintage knitting needle canisters.
4. How long have you been knitting?
I learned from my grandmothers when I was a little girl, but then didn't knit for years; I started knitting again about 7 years ago, but only really got into it as a significant part of my lifestyle in the past 6 months. I would say I am an advanced beginner.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
No.
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Rose or citrus (lemongrass, verbena, orange, etc.).
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
I LOVE dark chocolate!!!
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
None.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Not an MP3 person, but happy to get a mixed CD. I like alternative rock, folk, world music mostly. Fave musicians are posted on my blog profile.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
My favorite color is green -- lime, celery, olive mostly, rather than the kelly or forest greens. I dislike girly pastels.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Married for three years, no children, no pets.
12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I wear scarves, hats and gloves, no mittens or ponchos.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
I love Rowan DK cotton -- it's my favorite for baby presents.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Not a fan of plain old acryclic, or angora or mohair, or eyelash, or sparkly stuff.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Making knitted purses.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
No real faves. I've done lots of scarves and baby hats, am now moving on to garments.
17. What are you knitting right now?
A top-down cardigan for my 3-year-old niece; handbags.
18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes!
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
I really love the vintage aluminum straight needles, because they come in so many great colors, but have just started using circs and find them much easier on my wrists. I have liked the metal Addi Turbos that I tried though I think they're boring looking. I have a full set of Boye interchangeable circular needles, which are fun.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Aluminum!
21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes, both.
22. How did you learn to knit?
From my grandmothers, when I was a little girl. Then, as an adult, from a nice woman in Philadelphia, through a local community ed program.
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
3 months
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
I love flamingoes.
25. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas!!! I collect vintage glass ornaments and love to decorate the tree. I also like to bake Christmas cookies and Buche de Noel.
26. Is there anything that you collect?
Vintage glass Christmas ornaments; vintage knitting and crochet supplies (knit counters, needle gauges, point protectors, etc.).
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
None.
28. Any books, etc. that you are dying to get your hands on?
"Stitch and Bitch Nation"; "Socks Soar on Two Circs"; retractable tape measure.
29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Cabling; socks; new cast-ons.
30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Not yet, but received sock yarn in SP6 and am planning to try. I wear an 8.5 or 9 wide shoe.
31. When is your birthday?
December 31st -- a new year's eve baby!

No comments: