Monday, January 23, 2006

Knitting Olympics




For The Yarn Harlot's Knitting Olympics, I will be knitting sweater #11 from the Fall 2005 Vogue Knitting. I bought all the yarn for this back in October, and it's been sitting in the closet while I a) finished my Christmas knitting, and b) learned to make cables. I haven't tackled the cables yet, but I decided to forge ahead and get this done.

I'll be using Rowan Kidsilk Haze in Meadow and Jelly along with Rowan Big Wool in Pistachio. Although the pattern calls for just one color of the Kidsilk Haze for the cuffs and hem, I decided to use two together, to add a little more weight and make the color combination more interesting; we'll see how it goes.

For anyone planning to make this sweater, there's apparently an error in the neckline shaping (hence, the model's artful pose). Here's a link to a correction, from nonaKnits.

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's gonna be a great sweater. I'm doing the Knit Olympics as well, but I can't tell you what :-)

Carolyn said...

Good for you! I'm sure you'll have no problems with the cables.

Good Luck!!

Anonymous said...

i joined the knitting olympics too! i'm going to try to knit two cabled socks simultaneously on two circulars. good luck to you!