Saturday, November 26, 2005

I am an Artist





Or so says my contract with a local gallery -- Art-O-Mat -- that asked me to knit up some scarves using novelty yarns for them to sell on consignment. www.licweb.com/artomat So, for the past week, in my spare time, I whipped up a few scarves with some yarn that was sitting idly in my stash.

Am I a weirdo because I name all my knitting projects? I hope not. From top to bottom: detail for Carnival (red and grey wool tufts with metallic thread and paper flags) and Safari (black and tan wool tufts with a metallic thread and paper flags); all three scarves; detail for Starry Night (black handspun with blue beads and ribbon). A few months ago, I providentially ordered some labels to stitch into handknitted garments (none of which I've completed). Makes the scarves look so professional -- and well worth the $60 (!!!!) price tag that the gallery put on them. I get 55% if they sell.

Wish me luck!!

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Wow! Good for you. Retail prices are amazing aren't they? If you knit, you can't imagine anyone paying that for a scarf, but I bet they will. They look fabulous.