Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Hurray for Holl-lywooood...

OK, not really Hollywood, but close...Burbank, CA. Home of the Bob Hope Airport, which is one of the small airports to which JetBlue flies from NYC. I had a meeting last week in LosAngeles, and rather thoughtfully chose to save my client a LOT of money by flying into Long Beach and out of Burbank, rather than in and out of LAX. Which is even more saintly when you consider that my client's office is located NEXT TO LAX. That's right, next to, as in "right across the street I could walk to the airport from there and catch my flight without ever setting foot in an automobile." Instead, I drove around... a lot.


But the nice thing about driving around, and driving to Burbank's Bob Hope Airport, specifically, was that I found...a yarn store! A lovely little yarn store called Unwind.





















I hadn't brought any knitting with me to L.A. because I had a book I wanted to read on the plane, but seeing the store made me want to knit, so I popped in and picked up a skein of Rowan All Seasons Cotton, along with a pair of Clover bamboo needles (size 7, for those who care about these things). This is what I've done with it so far:

No comments: