Sunday, September 18, 2005

Greetings from Red Lodge, Montana!


I'm here in Big Sky Country for a 10-day vacation with my friend Milou, and we're having a great time. It's so nice to just sleep in every day and meander through the day with no fixed schedule. Red Lodge is a former mining town about an hour south of Billings, established in the late 1800s. It's now mostly a tourist desitnation, as you can connect to Yellowstone National Park via the Beartooth Highway from here. We're heading to Yellowstone tomorrow -- I'll post pics when we get back.

Knitting-wise, I'm working on booties to match the pale green cotton cardigan that I'm making for my niece, Emily. But the BIG news is the great LYS I found just north of town -- Lana & Cotone. I checked the yellow pages at the Billings airport when I arrived on Thursday and was surprised and pleased to see an LYS in Red Lodge (which is a REALLY small town). Anyway, beautiful stock and great prices = major stash expansion. I went a little crazy, as you can see from the photo.

Can't wait to start knitting with this yarn!

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

A holiday - oh lucky you! And such a lovely place to spend it. You are fortunate having such a BIG country to roam around :)

Well done on the stash enhancing exercise - you're obviously a pro!

Have fun.

Holly said...

Oooh, that green yarn at the front left looks really interesting, what is it?

Carolyn said...

Holly -- don't have it here with me, will check tonight and let you know. It's actually more of a turquoise color, purchased to make baby clothes for a friend who is expecting. It's totally gorgeous!

Carolyn said...

Holly -- I checked the label and it's Cascade Fun yarn. Here's the link to the Cascade site, where you can see a clearer photo of the yarn (mine is the one on the far left).

http://cascadeyarns.com/cascade-fun.asp